Letters of References
Tips for referees submitting letters for postdoctoral applicants of the UCAR Visiting Scientist Program
- Letters must be received no later than the application deadline date.
- Reference letters should include your assessment of the applicant's level of scholarship including placement in class, scientific potential, and qualifications for postdoctoral research.
- Your comments regarding the applicant will be treated confidentially and will be used by the steering committee to help determine both strengths and weaknesses of the applicant. Any specific comment you wish to make regarding the applicant’s ability to work independently, to pursue new topics, and to interact with others will be very useful.
- Please send reference letters electronically with the subject line referencing the program or applicant, preferably in portable document format (pdf) as e-mail attachments, to email@example.com.
- We accept hard copies or faxes. If unable to send electronically, please mail to:
UCAR / Visiting Scientist Programs
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000, USA
How to Apply
Resources for Appointed Fellows
Current appointees & Alumni Database
Join a Community